So Let's Catch Up...

8/23/2014

WOW! It has been since spring break that I posted?! I don't even know where to begin with all the change and updates that have happened since March. Ok so here's a quick run down.

1. The littles are finally here!! They've been officially home for five weeks and life has completely flipped upside down. But, aren't they just the most precious things ever?!



2. I just completed my first week of senior year! Wow, I have been a student for 18 years! I'm in my senior block so I will finally be out in the classroom for a full month this semester, one week in October and three weeks in November. I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time. It has finally all hit me that I'm going to be a real teacher in January and graduated in May. Now that is crazy! At ISU, they require you to have the same section for each class in your senior block. This way clinicals don't interfere with other classes and we're with the same classmates for the whole semester. I'm loving having a core group of friends as it's eased the nerves and we can all get through senior year together.


3. This is the most exciting thing ever... I was placed for student teaching in a FIRST GRADE CLASSROOM!!!!!!!!!! *insert jumping up and down, screaming* Although the school is about 20 minutes away, I could not be more thrilled to be in a first grade class as it is my dream grade. I'm so excited to start in January!! 


4.  My blog content won't be changing to much, although I did take a nanny position for the fall since working is not an option during student teaching. I still will be doing daily activities with my little one so I'll be posting some of her art periodically. Look for actual lesson plans as well as reflections from myself (hopefully they won't be major freak outs) when I'm in the classroom, as well as tips and tricks I'll be learning along the way!

xoxo 

You Might Also Like

0 comments