Teacher Brochure

5/29/2015


I've been applying and applying and applying for jobs since districts started posting and I've been at a complete stand still with getting any calls for an interview. Many of the districts I've applied for use Aplitrack, which is an online application process and doesn't allow for any additional materials that would help you stand out. So when a kindergarten position opened up at a school just miles from my home and they wanted your resume, etc. mailed in, I knew I had to add an additional piece to help me stand out. I wanted something simple, yet packed a punch within something simple like a brochure. I could hardly find any examples online, so I wanted to share how I put mine together for anyone else who's thinking about creating a brochure for their future/current job hunt! Enjoy - 



I apologize for the messy look, but some personal information I obviously didn't want to share! This is the two folds inside and the middle (#2) is the back. 

1. I found this idea online, "What Others Are Saying". Here I put two quotes directly from my letters of reference that best reflected what I can do in the classroom and for the future school. 

2. Fast Facts: This became key points that I wanted to make sure the viewer would see before he or she even got to my resume. Again, another piece that shows what I can do. 

3. The front cover I tried to keep catchy but not overwhelming. I included my name, contact information and an image of myself to help the reader put a face to the name. I also included my university logo for reference. 


Here is a look at the inside of the brochure. 

1. Education, Certification, and Endorsements included for a quick glance. 

2. As I've just graduated my experience is not as extensive as someone who has years of teaching under their belt, but I did include both student teaching and clinical experience with key points of what I did during each time. 

3. I felt that putting my teaching philosophy was another great way to say "this is who I am and why I'm a great teacher for your building". Make sure that you keep this concise and to use strong teaching words to show what you know and what you believe. 

I hope you found this helpful and gave you some ideas to spice up your applications. Let me know in the comments what else you would add or subtract in a teacher brochure! 

xoxo 





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What did you create this with? Did you get the job?

    ReplyDelete